- This event has passed.
Special Education Law and Advocacy Program Workshop with Guest Speaker Pete Wright, Esq.
14 September @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Please join your community and peers in this one-day Special Education Law and Advocacy Program with Guest Speaker Pete Wright, Esq.
Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM (MST)
The Landing – Ballroom
7420 Miller Street
Hill Air Force Base, Utah, United States 84056
The session will focus on four areas:
* Special education law, rights, and responsibilities
* Tests and measurements to measure progress & regression
* SMART IEPs
* Introduction to tactics & strategies for effective advocacy
Wrightslaw programs are designed to meet the needs of parents, educators, health care providers, advocates and attorneys who represent children with disabilities regarding special education. The program is not disability specific.
This opportunity is open to all Team Hill military and civilian employee families. Must have access to Hill AFB to attend. The EFMP Family registrants will receive a pen/highlighter and a copy of the following books:
* Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 3rd Edition
* Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocacy., 2nd Edition
* Wrightslaw: All About IEPs
REGISTRATION LINK–> https://www.memberplanet.com/events/teamhill/wrightslaw
The event can support 150 registrants, seats will go fast. Only register for 1 attendee per household, other members of your household are invited to accompany you. Must be 18 and up to attend.